Sunday, April 27, 2008

Drinking Game

I'm listening to Placeholders by Nothing Painted Blue and I totally forgot how wonderful and beautiful I think "Drinking Game" is (it and "Houseguest" are probably my two favorite Nothing Painted Blue songs - I was stunned into silence when the Mountain Goats played "Houseguest" at their show in September.)

I spent this weekend writing papers, mostly, but also went to IKEA with Karen, which was a lot like going to heaven. I love commercial design and almost everything IKEA does merges the organic and the industrial so seamlessly and beautifully that I don't know what to do with myself and find myself overwhelmed by chairs and cabinets and the efficient use of space and masterful lines and colors. I have a feeling I'll be driving out the the Pittsburgh IKEA at least once this summer.

This summer. I can't believe it's so close. I'm working hard to clear up my to do list and I've already started packing, carefully folding up coats and labeling boxes. In a way, I can't believe that I only have eight more days here (I'm leaving Tuesday morning/afternoon to come home.) I have a good feeling about this summer and not just because of EuroCup!)

No comments: