Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ring of Fire



Today Karen came home from class and when she said, "Kathee, how are you?" I said, "I hate myself and I want to die." Which is really only partially true part of the time. Kayla and I used to say it all the time in high school, because, you know, Nirvana, but Karen doesn't know anything about Nirvana, so instead of laughing it off she said, "Kathee, you don't mean that, do you?"

You know what my favorite poem is these days? "Bad Judgment" by Cathleen Colbert. (If you want, you can listen to me read it.)

Even though nothing has changed, I'm feeling a little better now, a little more hopeful. I'm about to ride my bike to Special Ed. (After tonight we only have three more class sessions!) I got an e-mail from Lisa re: Independent Study of Awesome, so hopefully things will keep moving forward for that.

Additionally, I did two loads of laundry today. Now tell me that doesn't sound like something a wholly capable person would do.

No comments: