I was listening to Crystal Castles a few minutes ago and about 3/4 of the way through the album I thought, "This is kind of pretentious and not really me at all," so now I'm listening to Cub and while not as cool, it certainly feels a whole lot better - the edition of Betti-Cola that I have is 29 songs long and only 9 of those songs break two minutes. There are songs about chinchillas and picnics and Hello Kitty and, yeah, it's twee as fuck, but who cares?
There are only four weeks left in the school year and I'm feeling surprisingly Present and With It. I finished my rationale for Literature and Other Media for Adolescents (almost 60 pages double spaced on why Stephanie Hemphill's "novel in verse" Things Left Unsaid could/should be taught in classrooms) and, after that, everything seems doable.
This morning was calm: lots of glasses of cold water (poured into my favorite fox cup), watching Lick the Star on YouTube (Part I, Part II), and writing in my journal. I have a lot going on this week: papers due for Romano, Fuller, and Cho, teaching two lessons, working ahead so that I can go home this weekend with minimal worry.
And now, I will eat my second lunch.

1 comment:
i like Crystal Castles...
but yeah, sometimes when i listen to them i feel like the biggest music snob, like if someone who didn't know me heard me listening to them they'd think i was one of those types of ppl that listens to unpleasant, obscure things just to be unpleasant and obscure. (i'm thinking of Kerry Nordstrom)
anyway, i miss hanging out. i'm glad we're celebrating the '90s this week.
-stephanie
Post a Comment