Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Little Lover's So Polite



Gosh, I am so in love with this little raccoon pillow from Egg Press. I just want to fall asleep hugging it.

Other things I (would) like (to) hug:

1. Conor Oberst circa 2003

Today I taught a lesson for Dr. R's class with Val, Heidi, and Emma. I have a love/hate relationship with group teaching, but when Dr. R asked the class for feedback on our performance, Shannon complimented me on my poetry reading skills. Awesome.

Today in Dr. R's class we had to write notes to an assigned partner. This is what Bethie wrote to me:
Hey Kathy (sic),

How are you? Damn it, why are you always dressed so cute? I really miss all of our meetings for English at Shriver. I hope we have another peer group meeting soon because I wrote two more poems. I'm really impressed at how much you write - I always see you writing in your journal in your beautiful, tiny handwriting. Have you been riding your bike lately now that the weather is so nice?

[Drawing of a heart],

Bethie

P.S. I think I would die in P's class without you.
Bethie's note hits on everything the cohort knows about me: I write in a journal and ride a bike.

Speaking of my journal, yesterday in Adolescent Lit, Katey was spying on my while I was writing. First she demanded that I write about her in my journal and then she wrote this and gave it to me:
Dear Diary,

Kathryn is journaling again. She thinks she is better than me because she doesn't think Rick is attractive like I do. He is a hunk, so I think she must be blind and/or crazy. The end.

- Katey
I started my new journal on April 8th and I've already written 38 pages.

An Alphabetic List of Excellent Names for Ska Bands

Flux Skapacitor
Mephiskapheles
The Mouskateers
Muhammad Skali
New York Ska Xchange
Oedipus Skamplex
Ska Trek
Skabba the Hut
Ska'd for Life
The Skadfathers
Skahumbug
The Skalapenos
The Skalett Letter
Skarmy of Darkness

There are so many, but I like the ones that have 'ska' in them the best. (These are the things I think about at work.)

Tomorrow is Wednesday, which means my week is half over. I almost said, "Bring it, school," but I don't think I could take it. Sometimes I wonder if I have Academic Bipolar Disorder - there are days where I feel really capable, I work ahead, everything is manageable, and I do everything wonderfully and to the best of my ability. Then there are days where I lie completely under my covers and all you can see is my headphone cord connecting me to my laptop, while I listen something ridiculously sad on repeat (think: "Feels Blind" by Bikini Kill or "Erica" by Tattle Tale.) But, today was one of the good days and I hope that tomorrow will be too.

No comments: